Information about the Society
The Polish Society for the History and Philosophy of Medicine was founded on December 7, 2016 in Poznan, Poland.
Statutes of the Society in PDF format.
The purpose of the Society is to conduct:
- scientific activity, including, first of all, initiating, supporting and coordinating scientific and research work in the history of medicine and philosophy of medicine,
- educational activities – education in the history and philosophy of medicine at various levels and in various professional circles,
- popularization activity – dissemination of knowledge in the history of medicine and philosophy of medicine,
- advisory and consultative activity – cooperation with state institutions, local governments and non-governmental organizations in solving practical problems in the humanistic foundations of medicine that arise as a result of the development of biomedical sciences and medical activity,
- opinion-forming activity – inspiring and conducting debates and discussions on the role and significance of the history and philosophy of medicine in the current dimension of medical science,
- publishing and translation activities.
The Society aims to work for:
- integration of the community of physicians and dentists interested in the history of medicine and the history of their profession,
- integrating the community of historians and philosophers of medicine, as well as all those interested in the history and philosophy of medicine in Poland,
- to bring the Polish scientific community closer to the knowledge of the history of medical science and philosophy of medicine,
- to popularize historical and medical knowledge
- solving problems in the field of medical humanities that arise as a result of the development of biomedical sciences and medical activities.
Composition of the Board
Andrzej Grzybowski, MD, PhD, Professor of Ophthalmology – President
Jarosław Sak, MD, PhD – Vice President
Włodzimierz Witczak, MD, PhD – Secretary
Tomasz Kazało, MD, PhD – Treasurer